We're Berthoud Historical Society Volunteers!
The Berthoud Historical Society relies on volunteers to help us run our museums and many programs and events. Help us further our mission to preserve the heritage of Berthoud and the Little Thompson Valley by volunteering at the Little Thompson Valley Pioneer Museum, the McCarty-Fickel Home house museum or for Historical Society projects, programs and events.
Volunteer opportunities include:Events—help with setting up or meeting and greeting attendees at our events and special occasions
- Events—help with setting up or meeting and greeting attendees at our events and special occasions
- Education—help local student, visitors, and others learn about the history of this area through helping with organized tours and programs
- Museum Guide/Visitor Services—being the face that our guests see when they visit our museums - interact with our museum guests
- Office/Clerical—assist the BHS President, Board and Museum Director
- Fundraising—help others find the “joy of giving”
- Research—investigate documents and talk with people to provide needed information
- Museum Collections—learn how to catalogue and handle our artifacts
- Publicity/Communications—help us “get the word out”
- Maintenance and Gardening Group—join in keeping our properties appealing to our visitors.
Yes! I would like to volunteer at the Little Thompson Valley Pioneer Museum, or the McCarty-Fickel Home house museum:
Alternatively, you can call Karen Lloyd D'Onofrio at (970)532-2147, or by email.